Position: Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
Status: Full Time, exempt
Capital Area Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Association is a nonprofit with a mission to advocate for timely placement of children in permanent, safe and stable homes. Since 1992, more than 1,400 CASA volunteers have provided a voice in court for over 3,400 abused children in East Baton Rouge Parish.
The board of directors is seeking an Executive Director that is passionate about the CASA mission of helping children and has the drive to continue the work this organization is doing for the children of East Baton Rouge Parish. The Executive Director leads the organization in this mission, alongside the staff and board of directors. The Executive Director also leads fundraising efforts and manages the day-to-day operations of the organization, including the oversight of 11 employees.
The desired qualifications, along with the general duties and responsibilities for this role are described below.
The general duties and responsibilities of the position:
- Ensure all children who need an advocate in EBRP have one.
- Ensure the quality of advocacy efforts for the children served.
- Lead fundraising efforts.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities and operations of the organization.
- Create and implement a fund development plan to sustain the organization.
- Provide sound fiscal management of the organization.
- Implement policy set by the Board of Directors.
- Provide staff support to the Board of Directors.
- Conduct all personnel functions in accordance with the organization’s Personnel Policies.
Desired attributes and competencies:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Interpersonal, organizational, and supervisory skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Occasional travel, nights and weekend work required
- Ability to manage and lead staff
- Comfortable navigating Microsoft Office Suite
- Creative, resourceful and flexible
Experience in the following areas will be given preference:
- Not-for-profit management
- Fund development
- Oversight and administration
- Volunteer program oversight
- Strategic planning
- Goal achievement, reporting
- Policy development and implementation
- Fiscal management and oversight
- Supervision of staff
- Competitive compensation based on qualifications and experience
- Paid time off
- Health care plan
- Retirement plan
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.