The Central Louisiana Community Foundation (CLCF) is seeking a full-time (40 hours per week) President and Chief Executive Officer to lead the Foundation. CLCF is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) community foundation serving 12 parishes in Central Louisiana. Governed by a volunteer board of directors, its mission is to connect people to priorities they care about and increase charitable giving in order to advance the quality of life for all in our communities.
CLCF seeks a proven and visionary executive-level leader who demonstrates a strong ability to work collaboratively at all levels in the community, but especially including philanthropic, nonprofit, and private sector leadership. The ability to inspire confidence and trust, along with exceptional communications skills, are a must. Knowledge of the community foundation sector and business model is expected.
The President and CEO works with the guidance of the Board of Trustees and in accordance with the Foundation’s charter and bylaws. The President and CEO is responsible for the support of those bodies. S/He will plan, organize, and exercise control over all operations of the CLCF, including fund/asset development, overseeing asset management, and managing day to day operations of the CLCF.
Reports To: Board Chair/Board of Directors
Position Status: 1.0 FTE, Salaried Exempt
Compensation: $80,000-$120,000; dependent on experience
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Custodian of the institutional vision and culture
- Responsible for implementing the CLCF strategic vision as well as managing the associated efforts necessary to enable the vision as adopted by the Board and within the scope of authority as provided by the Board and Foundation
- Proposes and oversees the implementation of both short and long-range policies, the strategic vision, and the associated goals adopted by the board
- Advises and directs staff activities to implement various initiatives necessary to achieve the CLCF goals.
- Oversees and directs the general day to day operations of the Foundation including budget management (as adopted by the board) and overall governance.
- Responsible for proposing and interpreting policy, establishing standards of performance, periodically appraising performance, and making recommendations for positions and persons to fill those positions.
- Acts as the chief spokesperson for the Foundation
- Promotes and stimulates development of public philanthropy
- Initiates Fund/asset development and leads the CLCF in fund development and growing the CLCF sphere of influence by developing relationships with present and potential donors. Also responsible for providing group and individual presentations to estate planners, attorneys, accountants, and other interested groups.
- Assists the Foundation in monitoring grantee performance and conducting post grant evaluations
- Plans, prepares, and properly reports to the Executive Committee and/or Board od Directors at their respective meetings. Prepares agendas in conjunction with the Chair and provides appropriate administrative support for agenda items, as needed.
- Plans and implements public events and information programs of the Foundation, including the Annual Meeting
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelors or advanced degree in a relevant field is preferred
- 5-7 years of management or leadership experience in non-profit organizations or related businesses.
- Proven fundraising record, plus ability to develop and implement a sustainable funding model for long-term organizational success.
- Strong leadership that demonstrates personal and professional integrity, confidentiality, organizational and planning skills, and relationship and team building
- Knowledge of investment principles, procedures, ethics, regulations, and standards as applied to public donations and endowments
- Knowledge of federal, state, and institutional policies and procedures required of a non-profit organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Previous top-level business or nonprofit leadership experience including budgeting, personnel administration, planning, directing staff/volunteers, and working with a Board of Trustees.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience in grant writing, research, media relations, and public speaking
- Strategic, analytical problem solver who identifies and leverages resources
- Interest in and commitment to a high intensity, goal oriented full-time position
- Knowledge of MS Office products and experience using CRM databases (Foundant, Raiser’s Edge, etc.)
- A demonstrable commitment to and willingness to support equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
This position is full-time salaried exempt. The typical work week will be Monday through Fridays from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 PM, with regular evening and weekend hours required. Compensation commensurate with experience, paid time off, benefits package, and retirement plan.
ABOUT THE FOUNDATION
CLCF has been investing in local communities since 1999, making the Foundation one of the longest-standing community foundations in Louisiana. CLCF works with philanthropists to create permanent charitable funds that help meet the challenges of changing times and is dedicated to improving the quality of life for people in Central Louisiana.
Mission: To connect people to priorities they care about and increase charitable giving in order to advance the quality of life for all in our communities.
Values: We value integrity, respect, innovation, excellent stewardship, collaboration, and equity in our grant making. Most of all, we honor the trust placed in us by respecting our donors’ wishes.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Liz Mileshko, President & CEO firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled.
Central Louisiana Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. For more information about the Central Louisiana Community Foundation see www.clcf.net.