The Director of Annual Giving is an integral member of The Emerge Foundation’s team of mission-driven, energetic fundraising professionals. The Emerge Foundation provides philanthropic support to The Emerge Center and The Emerge School in Baton Rouge.
This position is responsible for the expansion and growth of the organization’s Annual Giving Program. Key responsibilities include identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individual prospects capable of giving $1,000 to $20,000 annually and corporate sponsorships ranging from $2,500 to $75,000 annually. This position reports to the Foundation Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In close collaboration with the Executive Director, set goals for the Foundation’s Annual Giving program and plans strategy to meet financial targets.
- Work closely with Board members to obtain referrals for new donor prospects and tailor outreach to identified prospects.
- Develop the overall theme and content for annual appeals including the end-of-year and Giving Tuesday campaigns. Use compelling messaging and effective storytelling to convey the impact of donor support on Emerge’s mission. Direct the design of appeals.
- Obtain corporate matches to incentivize giving for the end of year and Giving Tuesday campaigns.
- Responsible for Emerge’s Giving Society multi-year pledge program, with a specific focus on building strong relationships with prospects and donors. Secure payments on pledges and track donor commitments year over year.
- Utilize wealth screening tools to identify and rate potential donor prospects.
- Manage and grow the Friends of Emerge recurring giving program.
- Develop corporate sponsorship packages for the Foundation’s events. Identify, cultivate and secure sponsors. Oversee all sponsor recognition benefits.
- Develop and execute fundraising strategies for events.
- Participate in the Foundation’s team’s logistical event planning and provide support at events.
- Serve as the primary liaison with Emerge parents interested in participating in fundraising activities.
- Manage grateful family initiatives including Emerge’s butterfly giving program.
- Execute an ongoing communications strategy to steward individual donors and sponsors.
- Support the Executive Director’s major gift work with top prospects.
- Assist the Executive Director in evaluating the effectiveness of the organization’s fund development program.
- Maintain visibility in the community by attending events as deemed necessary and participating in community organizations.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated experience (a minimum of 3 to 5 years) in non-profit fundraising, particularly with strong skills in donor development and relationship building.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- A passion for Emerge’s mission.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package available.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume and writing samples to Shelton Jones, Executive Director of The Emerge Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emerge empowers children with autism and individuals with communication challenges to achieve independence through an interdisciplinary therapy program within an innovative educational model. Support from the community facilitates broad access to our services, expands our impact and enriches our unique learning environment.emergela.org