Job Title: Program Manager (4 positions available)
Reports to: Operations Director or Education Director
Status: Full Time
To build a community of creative, confident, and socially engaged students through music education.
Position Summary: The Program Managers oversee all aspects of assigned v sites. Each Program Manager will be assigned 2-3 sites. In addition, this position will be responsible for 1-2 additional duties related to Kids’ Orchestra programming. Additional duties to be assigned by supervisor based on candidates’ interests, skills, and qualifications.
N.B. There are 4 Program Manager positions being considered during this search. The first is available for immediate hire. The second will be available for hire on or before July 2022. The third and fourth positions are pending grant funding and will be available for hire if our grant proposal is accepted. The grant awards are expected to be announced in July/August 2022.
Requirements: Minimum of bachelor’s degree in music, education, training, social work, human services, or a related field. Masters’ Degree a plus. At least 3 years of experience in education and positive youth development providing school based, after-school and/or summer related programming. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and cloud-based services such as Microsoft SharePoint and Google Drive. Experience with Jackrabbit Class a plus. Excellent communication and time management skills required. Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends. Preference given to candidates who are fluent in Spanish.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee logistics and supervise site staff (site coordinators, site assistants, and teaching artists) for all assigned sites
- Coordinate substitute site staff when necessary and keep accurate records of such
- Communicate with parents and school/district admin regarding concerts, calendars, behavior, etc.
- Maintain student records and lists via Jackrabbit Class
- Maintain and fulfill on-site supplies and teacher requests
- Manage distribution of snacks at assigned sites and complete all relevant paperwork
- Coordinate delivery of snacks with outside partners (School Systems, 3 O’clock Project, etc.)
- Participate in meal/snack service training if necessary
- Communication with site staff
- Generate and distribute bi-weekly site paperwork (student rosters, attendance sheets, snack sheets, etc.)
- Ensure accurate attendance data collection for assigned sites
- Assist with collection of proof of income and tuition for assigned sites Other Program Duties
- Assist with student recruitment and retention
- Assist with conducting teacher and site staff interviews
- Assist with distribution and collection of equipment
- Attend and work concerts, community events, fundraisers, school events, etc.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of common work and storage spaces in office
- Serve on relevant committees such as Grant Committee, Summer Camp Committee, etc.
Additional Duties – Each Program Manager will be assigned one of the following areas of work based on their interests, skills, and qualifications.
- Research, writing, and implementation of SEL curriculum
- Oversee and coordinate volunteer program
- Oversee KO inventory including instruments, instrument accessories, method books, and t-shirts
Kids’ Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or qualified disability. Qualified applicants should apply via LinkedIn.