CENTRAL LOUISIANA COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
The Central Louisiana Community Foundation (CLCF) is seeking a full-time (40 hours per week) Director of Development to support the Foundation’s fundraising efforts. This position helps further the Foundation’s commitment to provide excellent service to donors, professional advisors, the Board, volunteers, and the community at large.
An ideal candidate for the Director of Development position must be a proactive self-starter who is flexible, creative, energetic, and enjoys being an active participant in their community. Candidates should be inquisitive, enjoy learning the interests of others, and matching those interests to local needs.
Reports To: President/CEO
Position Status: 1.0 FTE, Salaried Exempt
Compensation: Salary $50K - $65K dependent on experience
The Director of Development is responsible for fundraising, managing a portfolio of existing and prequalified donors, event management and logistics, and community engagement. This position is critical to accomplishing CLCF’s strategic goals of increasing the Foundation’s community grant capabilities, expanding the Foundation’s donor base, and maintaining a positive public image for CLCF. The Director role requires integrity, flexibility, and the ability to represent the Foundation’s mission to a broad audience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
30 % - Major Gift Stewardship
- Collaborate with President/CEO, staff, and board to enhance operational, major gift and bequest program revenue through regular donor identification, cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation
- Research, manage, and provide ethical stewardship to a donor prospect portfolio of 90-110 contacts
- Move forward gift prospects by calling, emailing, meeting in person, and drafting proposals regularly
- Manage donor cultivation activities in a database to provide accurate and timely reports
25 % - Community Engagement and Presentations
- Represent CLCF in the community by delivering presentations and effectively communicating organizational mission, policies, practices, and values to a wide range of constituencies
- Provide leadership for Development Committee members in partnership with President/CEO
- Provide confidential support to the CLCF Leadership Team
- Implement donor engagement strategies by managing community-focused events that create revenue, promote philanthropic giving, and educate community members about the Foundation
- Coordinate with staff, Board, and donors to ensure successful event outcomes including but not limited to creating/implementing program elements, guest identification, and post-event stewardship
- Other duties as assigned
30 % Grant Management
- · Responsible for managing and implementing the CLCF grants initiatives throughout the fiscal year
- · Build and coordinate Grants Committee meetings
- · Collaborate with and connect local non-profit organizations to the resources CLCF offers
15 % - Marketing / Social Media
- Support Foundation initiatives by securing project information and creating informational content
- · Prepare organizational press releasees
- · Update and engage on social media platforms
- · CRM Management
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five (5) years of experience and/or training in direct financial solicitation “asks,” fundraising concepts and principles, event management and communications, sales or public relations
- Proven track record of building and maintaining long-term relationships that support increased stakeholder financial investment and participation in organizations comparable to CLCF
- A demonstrable commitment to and willingness to support equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills
- Strong editing and research abilities, excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to analyze data to produce reports and/or provide presentations
- Knowledge of MS Office products and experience using CRM databases (Foundant, Raiser’s Edge, etc.)
- Client/donor stewardship experience including event planning and implementation experience
- Background check, ability to be bonded, and valid driver’s license with access to reliable personal vehicle, proof of insurance, and ability to pass a driving record check mandatory
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
This position is full-time salaried exempt. The typical work week will be Monday through Fridays from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 PM, with regular evening and weekend hours required. Compensation commensurate with experience ranging from $50,000 to $65,000, paid time off, and retirement plan
ABOUT THE FOUNDATION
CLCF has been investing in local communities since 1999, making the Foundation one of the longest-standing community foundations in Louisiana. CLCF works with philanthropists to create permanent charitable funds that help meet the challenges of changing times and is dedicated to improving the quality of life for people in Central Louisiana.
Mission: To connect people to priorities they care about and increase charitable giving in order to advance the quality of life for all in our communities.
Values: We value integrity, respect, innovation, excellent stewardship, collaboration, and equity in our grant making. Most of all, we honor the trust placed in us by respecting our donors’ wishes.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Keith Adams firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled.
Central Louisiana Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. For more information about the Central Louisiana Community Foundation see www.clcf.net