Director of Human Resources is responsible for promoting and implementing the organization’s values by planning and implementing human resources programs including recruiting, hiring processes, onboarding and orientation, employee training, employee recognition a and professional development and communication, benefits, and compliance with employment and other relevant regulations; as well as supporting management on strategic staffing plans, compensation programs, budgeting, employee coaching and labor relations.
- Develop strategies for and lead recruiting and hiring throughout the entire process from personnel request to onboarding and orientation
- Post and disseminate information about job openings internally and externally to support develop a diverse and qualified applicant pool
- With guidance from hiring managers, develops and implements strategies and plans to actively identify and recruit for difficult to fill positions. Building relationships with potential sources of candidates for current and future positions. When applicable attend job fairs, career days etc. to recruit in person or virtually
- Support hiring managers in process of screening, interviewing and making offers of employment
- Develop and implement systems to coordinate on boarding of new employees with hiring manager and other support staff to ensure employee understands employment guidelines, has the tools necessary for position, receives appropriate training and is oriented to the facility
- Develop strategies to foster employee engagement and job satisfaction and promote transparency and communication between leadership and all employees ( alert system, town hall meetings, quarterly leader, employee of the year, etc.) Coordinate/conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Ensure organizational compliance and required data collection and reporting for HR employment related regulations e.g. Affirmative Action, Ability One, Veterans, unemployment, Affordable Care; as well as with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Administer and recommend changes and updates for employee benefits
- Support Payroll and Accounting staff by communicating changes, performing payroll reviews and audits.
- Provide opportunities for employee training and professional development throughout the year in both required training topics and elective training for professional development. Coordinate with management to identify relevant topics .
- Develop organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations.
- Coordinate and assist managers with annual performance reviews
- Provide insight and recommendations on the development and administration of the organization's compensation program.
- Serve as administrator for human resource information system that meets the organization's personnel information needs.
- Support management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions, analyzing information and applications.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating organization values.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership
- Education: At least a Bachelor’s degree, preferably with major or coursework focusing on human resources. Professional certifications are also preferred, but relevant experience is paramount.
- Special Knowledge or Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, E-mail. Personnel, insurance & other benefits, Department of Labor, Affirmative Action, EEOC, COBRA, FMLA & I-9 regulations are all preferred.
- Experience: 10+ years professional HR experience.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
- Physical: Excellent communications & interpersonal skills, good speech, good mobility. Ability to travel to offsite locations. Able to travel throughout the facility to safely and effectively manage all work responsibilities, breaks and emergency evacuations, with or without a reasonable accommodation. Able to manage all self-care needs and activities of daily living as required to support successful employment, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Personality Traits: Capable of maintaining confidential information and material, congenial, forthcoming, cooperative, detailed and organized.
- Working Conditions: Inside, office setting. Some travel.
- Work Schedule: The person in this position would be expected to maintain regular office hours, Monday through Friday and to work later hours or weekends as necessary.
- Background Check and Drug Testing Required: Employment is contingent based upon satisfactory results.
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. The employee in this position will perform such other tasks as may be required for the effective operation of the Division/Department upon request by his/her supervisor/manager.
Accomplishments in these areas of responsibility will be the basis of the employee’s evaluation, continuation of employment and change in compensation.
Department: Administration Prepared by: Renee Vidrine
Reports to: President
Approved by: Renee Vidrine
Interested Applicants should apply by following this link: