1. Lead shipping/receiving team to ensure the successful accomplishment of responsibilities assigned in a timely and efficient manner.
2. Submit paperwork documenting shipped sales orders along using Netsuites
3. Review order status report daily and plan shipments to minimize labor costs while meeting or exceeding customer requirements.
4. Review finished goods inventory and coordinate with production Manager on shortages.
5. Prioritize customer orders and coordinate shipping to ensure that deadlines are met.
6. Communicate with customers regarding routing requirements.
7. Request and evaluate transportation quotes to minimize transportation costs both via phone and utilizing internet based software.
8. Prepare shipping documents as needed.
9. Load shipments on to trucks.
10. Coordinate with customer service to provide accurate and up to date information regarding customer orders.
11. Supervise movement and storage of finished goods in an organized and secure manner ensuring stock rotation.
12. Supervise and direct shipping and receiving personnel.
13. Fill in for shipping/receiving employees when necessary.
14. Shipping Inspections – Perform and document daily to ensure compliance with LL Quality System & customer requirement.
15. Unload shipments from trucks.
16. Receive all incoming products, materials & items, inspecting for damages, verifying items & quantities against packing slips as well as PO’s.
17. Secure all received & existing materials in an organized, safe & consistent manner, providing for proper rotation.
18. Process & enter all receiving, inventory and other required paperwork promptly & accurately.
19. Utilize company software to accurately document all goods received.
20. Submit paperwork daily documenting received orders using Nestsuites
21. Maintain files pertaining to all warehouse activities in a neat & orderly manner.
22. Support/assist warehouse teams at all locations as needed.
23. Coordinate shipping/receiving employee schedules to ensure coverage of dock functions daily for normal hours of business operation.
24. Work with production, receiving, and procurement to identify and correct stock irregularities in a timely manner.
25. Participate in regular inventory counts.
26. Consistently follow all Lighthouse procedures as detailed in the LHB Quality System and train employees under your supervision to follow all procedures relevant to their job performance.
27. Strive to continuously improve the efficiency of the systems and operational aspects of the manufacturing, inventory control, quality shipping, receiving, and sales order systems.
28. Conduct all business in a positive, relationship building manner at all times ensuring that the Shipping/Receiving department is successfully integrated into Lighthouse production, inventory, accounting and quality functions.
29. Follow all ISO procedures as required.
30. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: High school or GED required. Must have strong basic math skills and be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written English.
- Special Knowledge/Skills: Knowledge of and ability to effectively communicate with multiple business functions, strong customer service, supervisory and organizational skills, proficient in general computer skills, internet applications, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Oracle and Word applications, excellent forklift skills and ability to obtain and maintain certification.
- Experience: 2+ years’ previous shipping/receiving/inventory, and warehouse experience, including requesting and evaluating transportation quotes both via phone and utilizing internet based software. Experience must include clerical, planning, and loading.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Will supervise warehouse personnel; must be able to provide guidance and direction in a positive manner.
- Physical: Able to lift 50lbs, bend, stoop, climb, stand and walk on a regular basis. Operate forklift on a regular basis. Able to travel throughout the facility to safely and effectively manage all work responsibilities, breaks and emergency evacuations, with or without a reasonable accommodation. Able to manage all self-care needs and activities of daily living as required to support successful employment, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Personality: Dependable, cooperative, organized, detail-oriented, team leader.
- Working Conditions: Inside and outside, office and warehouse setting. Travel to satellite locations as needed.
- Work Schedule: Flexible schedule, 40 hours per week, overtime as needed.
- Background Check and Drug Test Required: Employment is contingent based upon satisfactory results.
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. The incumbent in this position will perform such other tasks as may be required for the effective operation of the Division/Department upon request by his/her supervisor.
Accomplishments in these areas of responsibility will be the basis of the employee’s evaluation, continuation of employment and change in compensation.
Interested Applicants should apply by following this link: