The Director of Vision Rehab Services (DVRS) Provides leadership, hiring, supervision, and administration of adult and youth programs for people with varying degrees of vision loss. They must demonstrate proven managerial skills, a strong spirit of collaboration, critical thinking, and the drive to lead by example. The DVRS exemplifies professionalism and instills such values in their team to ensure that all vision rehabilitation programs offer the highest level of quality and polish to our vendors, community partners, customers, and the people we serve. The DVRS is responsible for managing the success of the Vision Rehab Services team, while measuring the success of the department’s programs. This position requires excellent communication skills, proven team-building skills, and a passion to develop comprehensive impactful programming that aligns with the Lighthouse mission.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate Vision Rehab Services programming using an outcome-based model to measure program success and provide quarterly reports to senior management.
- Provide leadership and administration of all VRS programs across the Baton Rouge and New Orleans regions. Collaborate with the BR Director of Services to ensure continuity of program implementation and protocols across regions.
- Provide direct supervision and support to VRS staff in New Orleans, Managing hiring, onboarding, and performance processes. Conduct ongoing performance reviews to ensure open communication and appropriate guidance is afforded to all team members.
- Oversee the development of Vision Rehabilitation programs and services in accordance with the Lighthouse mission and strategic plan. Implement new programs and changes to existing programs as needed to ensure the integration of best practices, current technology, and contemporary strategies for optimizing client outcomes.
- Engage in Vision Serve Alliance community (VSA) to provide input to overcome challenges in the field of vision rehabilitation; expand knowledge to keep Lighthouse programs up to date and relevant; and improve standing of Lighthouse in the field
- Ensure compliance with contract/grant requirements as identified by state, federal, and private funding agencies, including but not limited to program and contract deliverables, consumer outcomes, budget management, reporting, etc. Serve as Contract Manager for the Older Blind (OB) contract and collaborate with Accounting to ensure accuracy of monthly submissions to the state.
- Maintain confidentiality of information and material at the highest standards.
- Coordinate with CFO to develop and manage the budget for the Vision Rehab Services Department.
- Coordinate and support professional development of staff to enhance skills and ensure use of proven best practices.
- Provide leadership and advocacy with local state and federal public entities and community-based organizations, including relevant consumer events, as needed, to support program growth.
- Work in tandem with the Directors of BR Services, Employment Services, and Deaf Services to support open communication, collaboration, and teamwork across departments.
- Provide input and support for the Lighthouse’s advocacy and public policy platform regarding local, state, and federal policies, initiatives, and issues that affect people who have vision loss.
- Ensure the quality of services and client satisfaction as determined through staff performance and client satisfaction survey results.
- Assist the Senior Leadership Team as needed to accomplish organizational goals.
- Provide support to VI employees of Lighthouse and their supervisors to increase independence, productivity and opportunities for career advancement.
- Continuously strive to improve the quality and efficiency of VRS programs.
- Follow all ISO procedures as required.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Special Knowledge or Skills: Competence to collaborate with people at all levels inside and outside of the agency to support program needs. Proficient in use of Internet, email, and standard software applications (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Excellent time management and organizational skills. Superior verbal and written communication skills. Self-driven, able to work independently and with diverse teams. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, mission and outcome driven. Extensive knowledge of vision loss and rehabilitative techniques to optimize level of function for clients of all ages. Must have strong working knowledge of professions in the field of vision rehabilitation and their unique roles in the continuum of care.
- Experience: Proven success as a team leader with at least 3-5 years’ experience managing multi-disciplinary Vision Rehab Programs required. Experience managing Medicare/Medicaid billing preferred. Experience managing and/or working in collaboration with Occupational Therapy programs preferred.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervise all Vision Rehab staff, Interns, and volunteers.
- Physical: Able to effectively perform the specified duties. Able to travel throughout the facility to safely and effectively manage all work responsibilities, breaks, and emergency evacuations, with or without a reasonable accommodation. Able to manage all self-care needs and activities of daily living as required to support successful employment, with our without a reasonable accommodation.
- Personality Traits: Proven leader who can inspire and motivate staff. Punctual, responsive, and organized. Maintain professional appearance and attitude appropriate to the position. Positive, enthusiastic patient, and caring. Proactive, hands-on. A creative thinker with a willingness to constantly adapt to the day and the need of the organization, department, and individual clients.
- Working Conditions: Primarily office setting. Some travel required, primarily within the New Orleans and Baton Rouge regions.
- Work Schedule: Full-time / Salaried. Occasional remote work must receive prior approval by the COO.
- Background Check and Drug Testing Required: Employment is contingent upon satisfactory results.
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. The employee in this position will perform such other tasks as may be required for the effective operation of the Division/Department upon request by his/her supervisor.
Accomplishments in these areas of responsibility will be the basis of the employee’s evaluation, continuation of employment and change in compensation.
Interested applicants should apply by following this link: