Lighthouse Louisiana envisions a world where all people are able to reach their full potential. Our mission is to empower individuals with disabilities through services, employment, and advocacy.
We have two state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Baton Rouge and New Orleans. We support this mission by creating jobs for people who are blind. Proceeds from the sales of high-quality, commercially competitive products help fund services for people who are blind, Deaf, and who have other disabilities.
We are looking for a Director of Business Development who can effectively Manage both our Sales Effort and Ability One Procurement List Products Contracts.
To be successful in this role the candidate will need to:
- Be a Self-Started, working independent of direct supervision.
- Manage a Sales Effort with a focus on Ability One Contracts.
- Utilize NetSuite’s, Microsoft Office, Paylocity and Apricot Software.
- Spend 75% of your time uncovering leads.
- Customer Service attitude with high energy.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the work week.
- A people person who enjoys working in a Team Environment.
- Empathetic and Compassionate.
- Timely and Dependable.
- Clean Background Check.
If you are someone who…
values empowerment of those with disabilities to reach their full potential, possesses innovative ideas and creative solutions and is adaptable to change, believes in diversity of our community and in diverse approaches to problem-solving, approaches their work and life with passion, treats others with empathy and believes in a system of equity, wants to be held accountable to our community and to each other in meeting our mission
…you are likely an excellent candidate for this position.
Job Summary: Responsible for both increasing sales and monitoring product profitability through financial analysis. This position is growth oriented, spending a majority of their time qualifying leads, advancing opportunities through the pipeline and closing new business. This position will also research new products to be submitted for inclusion in the Ability One Procurement List.
- Design and implement an annual strategy for marketing and sales of Lighthouse products thru all channels of sales and distribution that supports the Lighthouse mission and organizational growth.
- Review all current products on Procurement List for proper gross margins and adjust pricing through PDP Analysis.
- Monitor all current sales contracts and complete renewals on a timely basis.
- Foster relationships with federal and commercial buyers, MAS vendors, authorized distributors and other potential customers.
- Use data and modern software tools to continuously monitor and optimize conversion rates at all stages of pipeline as well as to support current customer base.
- Direct the Lighthouse’s sales efforts, from prospecting and qualifying marketing-generated leads to retaining long-term loyal customers and growing account value.
- Provide input and direction regarding sales materials and literature.
- Represent the Lighthouse nationally and locally at events, tradeshows, meetings and tours. Articulately represent the mission and the future goals of the Lighthouse.
- Collaborate with executive and senior-level internal and external stakeholders to build support for marketing strategies or other activities that promote the growth and mission of the Lighthouse.
- Stay current on all activities relative to the Ability One Program.
- Follow all ISO procedures, as required, if applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree or experience in a related field.
- Special Knowledge/Skills: Knowledge regarding the Ability One Program, regulations and the approved process of distribution for its items. General Software knowledge in Microsoft Office / Internet search engines and the ability to learn new software as needed. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience: Experience with the Ability One Program, regulations and the approved process of distribution for its items. All past experience will be considered.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Product Development, Customer Service, Sale and Service Contracts.
- Physical: Able to effectively perform the specified duties. Must be able to travel as necessary. Able to travel throughout the facility to safely and effectively manage all work responsibilities, breaks, and emergency evacuations, with or without a reasonable accommodation. Able to manage all self-care needs and activities of daily living as required to support successful employment, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Personality: Outgoing, organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, able to multi-task.
- Working Conditions: Inside, with frequent travel.
- Work Schedule: Full-time / 40 hours, Salaried.
- Background Check and Drug Test Required: Employment is contingent upon satisfactory results.
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. The incumbent in this position will perform such other tasks as may be required for the effective operation of the Division/Department upon request by his/her supervisor.
Accomplishments in these areas of responsibility will be the basis of the employee’s evaluation, continuation of employment and change in compensation.
Interested applicants should apply here: