LWF is seeking an experienced fundraising professional to join the organization as its
Development Director. Working directly with the Executive Director, Rebecca Triche, the Development Director will implement a fundraising program to attract support from individuals and corporations.
The successful candidate will have:
- Three to five years of fundraising experience
- Success with cultivating business partnerships
- Experience managing and growing a membership program
- Demonstrated success in achieving annual fundraising goals
- Strong ability to tell the organization’s story and put forward a compelling case for support
- Knowledge and experience with budgeting and finance
- Demonstrated ability in managing and motivating board member and volunteers
- A passion for and/or understanding of natural resource conservation issues
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter, have a high level of initiative and creativity, and be able to manage multiple deadlines. The ability to work independently is a must as well as the ability to work with staff and volunteers to plan and execute the annual fundraising plan.
The Development Director reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for creating and
executing the organization’s annual fund development plan. The Development Director will have the opportunity to build off the success of a growing Business Alliance program, increasing membership, and a new CRM. You will have the support of the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to achieve an annual fundraising goal of $350,000.
The Development Director will:
- Lead the Business Alliance program (40%)
- Retain current business supporters through stewardship of business contact and members via the partnership
- Identify and acquire new corporate partners
- Manage and grow the Membership program (20%)
- Craft and implement membership campaign strategies including direct mail, e-mail, phone, social media and digital marketing techniques to increase the donor base
- Ensure proper donor acknowledgement, recognition, and stewardship to promote donor retention and increased levels of giving
- Increase membership giving through special stewardship initiatives that may include individualized donor interactions and recognition
- Acquire new donors through direct mail solicitation
- Ensure data hygiene
- Oversee other general fundraising initiatives (20%)
- Help to grow the Certified Wildlife Habitat program and use current participant list for potential LWF members and annual fund donors
- Execute an annual fund solicitation, typically at the end of the calendar year
- Identify and cultivate leadership and major gifts for LWF, utilizing the membership list for prospects
- Promote planned giving through direct and indirect donor communication
- Promote other DIY fundraising initiatives (i.e., Amazon Smile, Target rewards, etc.) to increase annual giving
- Oversee organization of special events and solicit sponsorships for the organization’s annual events, Conservation Awards Banquet and Convention (15%)
Provide grants management with outside grant writing contractor (5%)
Hours: Full-time position, requiring occasional evening and weekend work
Benefits: Current benefits package includes health and dental insurance coverage for which the employer pays up to $450 per month of the premium; contribution to an IRA plan after one year of employment; and specified paid holidays, sick days and vacation days.
Location: LWF office is in Baton Rouge. The organization is open to a hybrid work arrangement.
LWF is now accepting applications. Applicant review will begin upon receipt and will continue until the Development Director is named. Apply by September 19 for priority review.
To apply, please submit resume, cover letter, and one fundraising writing sample (solicitation letter, case for support, sponsorship proposal, etc.) in PDF format to Sarah Cortell Vandersypen, Search Consultant at Sarah@philanthropic-partners.com with “LWF Development Director – Your Name” as the subject line. Questions may also be directed there.
The Louisiana Wildlife Federation is an equal opportunity employer.