The bookkeeper position creates financial transactions and creates financial reports from that information. The creation of financial transactions includes posting information to accounting journals or accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. The bookkeeper also reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner.
- Take all reasonable discounts on supplier invoices.
- Pay any debt as it comes due for payment.
- Issue invoices to customers.
- Ensures that receivables are collected promptly.
- Conducts periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Assembles information for external auditors for the annual audit.
- Processes basic accounting journal entries.
- Maintains an orderly accounting filing system.
- Maintains the chart of accounts.
- Maintains the annual budget.
- Participates in alumni events as assigned.
- Complies with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to management as requested.
- Records all manual donation information into the Advance system correctly.
- Records all online donation information into the Advance system correctly.
- Coordinates all corporate matching gift processes.
- Performs other duties and tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
Associate's degree in accounting or business administration, or 5+ years of equivalent business experience
Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
Working knowledge of Sage 100 accounting software package preferred.
Proficient in Microsoft Office; advanced knowledge of Excel and Word.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Attention to detail with exceptional level of accuracy.
· Ability to identify errors and solve problems.
· Ability to interpret data; ability to understand, follow directions and complex policies and procedures.
· Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work on a team and assist in a team effort.Interested applicants may apply by following this link.