The Special Events Manager is a member of the Baton Rouge Zoo Foundation team responsible for successfully executing foundation fundraising events; supporting special events held at the zoo; and providing appropriate stewardship of event sponsors, guests, and volunteers. This position also serves as the team liaison to zoo staff committees planning and implementing zoo events to build community engagement. Essential Job Functions Fundraising Events: • Plan and implement foundation fundraising events in coordination with the development team, steering committees, corporate sponsors, and in-kind donors.
• Responsible for all aspects of fundraising event production and execution including timelines, logistics, coordination of printed materials, working within pre-set budget guidelines, and managing all other aspects of foundation fundraising events.
• Work with team members to solicit cash sponsorships for fundraising events.
• Solicit silent auction items, in-kind donations, and, whenever possible, underwriting for all foundation fundraising events.
• Coordinate corporate and individual volunteer activities for corporate engagement projects (jeans days, corporate campaigns, holiday drives, etc.) in coordination with the development team.
• Follows all foundation procedures as appropriate to the position. • Other duties as required.
Donor Data & Stewardship Management:
• Manage the process of invoicing, and tracking payments from sponsors and event participants, monitor data entry for events, acknowledgment policies, and stewardship appropriate for constituents falling under fundraising events.
• Utilize Bloomerang donor development software to track and steward event donors, participants, sponsors and volunteers.
• Oversee event revenue and event reconciliation to ensure all sponsorship pledges and donations are paid promptly.
• Assist in scheduling and coordinating event e-blasts and mailings as required regularly partnering with Zoo Marketing & PR staff for social media and event promotion. 3601 Thomas Road Baton Rouge, LA 70810 225-775-3877 www.brzoo.org Contact: Dee Blake, ext. 6262 email@example.com
• Identify, track and alert the BRZF team of guests and companies new to zoo fundraising through event participation.
• Provide the most personal and appropriate stewardship experiences possible in a timely manner.
• Maintain a positive professional relationship with volunteers, zoo staff & board members.
• Other duties as required. Team Liaison to Zoo Event
• Represent the foundation team on zoo committees planning public events at the zoo. The primary purpose of these events is to engage the community and increase attendance at the zoo.
• Identify opportunities to support zoo events with cash sponsorships.
• Work with the Sr. Director of Development to identify and solicit sponsorships for zoo events.
• Other duties as required. Non-Essential Job Functions Minimum
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred. • Minimum of 5 years of experience in special events preferred.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evening and weekend events.
• Computer & internet savvy: Microsoft Office products, donor development software and donor research.
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks. • Raisers Edge or Bloomerang CRM software knowledge is a plus. Essential Physical Requirements
• Must possess the visual acuity to develop written correspondence and determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
• Must be physically able to perform the basic life operational functions of talking, hearing, sitting for long periods and performing repetitive motions, such as using a computer.
• Must be able to speak audibly, write legibly and perform repetitive motions such as typing.
• Must be able to work outdoors in varying degrees of temperature and humidity.
• Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. unassisted. Location and Compensation • This position is based at the Baton Rouge Zoo.
• This is a full-time salaried position based on experience and qualifications. • Salary range: $55,000-$65,000
To apply for this position, please email or send a cover letter and resume to the following:
3601 Thomas Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70810
The Baton Rouge Zoo Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.