Covenant House New Orleans (CHNO) is seeking a Chief Financial Officer to direct the financial and accounting operations of our agency. The CFO will lead the Finance Department and staff in performing the duties to fulfill the financial responsibilities and objectives of CHNO.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have direct experience expanding Finance operations from the ground up, as well as developing, leading, and supporting a budding team.
- Serve a critical leadership role in implementing CHNO’s strategic planning initiatives.
- Possess and model a high degree of professionalism, diplomacy, influence, business acumen, and integrity while balancing confidentiality and trust.
- Foster a healthy, cohesive team environment by leading with high emotional intelligence, integrity, effective communication and counsel, setting clearly defined expectations, and promoting efficiency, diversity, ownership, and accountability.
For a full list of duties and responsibilities and to apply, please visit our Get Involved tab on our website at https://www.covenanthousenola.org/
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA required.
- The CFO will have a minimum of 10 years of progressive accounting experience, with at least 5 years in a senior management role, preferably in a nonprofit organization.
- Deep understanding of and experience with financial and grants management audits and accounting; experience with OMB Circular A-133 and State Legislative Audits preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, presentation and public speaking skills, excellent written communication skills, follow through, and attention to detail.
- Self-starter who works both independent or with teams and has proven time management skills and deadline sensitivity.
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
- Knowledge of Lawson a plus; MS Office expertise required.
- Prior knowledge of or experience working with a non-profit organization highly preferred and experience with federal and/or state grant funding desirable.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to reviewing your application.