Knock Knock Children’s Museum is looking for a highly qualified marketing manager. This individual will contribute to existing marketing programs, while assisting with the development of new initiatives aligned with Knock Knock’s mission and goals. The ideal candidate will have prior experience with a wide range of marketing functions, including communications, advertising, branding, digital marketing, social media, graphic design, website management, marketing analytics, and event planning and execution. The marketing manager will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and must be an organized multitasker able to handle many diverse projects at once and meet tight deadlines.
Objectives of this Role
- Assist in the development and implementation of Knock Knock’s brand strategy and marketing
- Ensure all marketing efforts serve to achieve immediate and long-term business goals, identifying and executing improvements for processes, content, and message
- Expand general public awareness of Knock Knock’s offerings and programs with the goal of increasing admission, growing membership, donations, and community partnerships, using an array of communications platforms and strategies.
- Support the Chief Marketing Director and work with all departments to help develop and execute an annual marketing and communications plan.
- Provide day-to-day support for ongoing marketing and promotional needs.
- Help develop and execute digital and social media strategy to drive attendance, membership, and mission objectives.
- Develop creative content including video segments across all digital platforms.
- Maintain social media calendar.
- Maintain overall marketing calendar.
- Create member emails and mass emails using email marketing software.
- Help develop, draft, and manage a monthly member newsletter.
- Help design and create museum collateral, signage, external program graphics, and videos under the direction of the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Prepare marketing activity reports and metrics for measuring program success.
- Support all aspects of the Museum Membership Program including member communications and member relations.
- Help maintain web site, as well as site optimization and reporting.
- Help ensure consistent branding and messaging throughout all external and internal communications.
- Help develop and maintain photography and video libraries.
- Support KKCM event planning and set-up.
Knock Knock Children’s Museum is a community spark for engaging, playful learning experiences that inspire and support lifelong learning.
· Relationships · Knowledge of Children · Playfulness · Learning · Excellence · Inclusive · Collaboration · Stewardship · Visitor Experience · Continuous Improvement ·Innovation and Creativity · Continuing Education
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or communications
- Past work experience as a marketing coordinator or similar role
- Past experience in event planning and execution
- Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing
- Experience with research using data analytics software
- Experience in graphic design using Adobe creative suite or similar graphic design software
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in full Microsoft Office suite, especially with Excel and PowerPoint
About Knock Knock Children’s Museum:
Knock Knock Children’s Museum is comprised of hands-on, interactive exhibits called “Learning Zones.”
Anchored in research and evidence-based practices addressing all areas of development, the “Learning Zones” are designed to create teachable moments that will connect children’s every-day experiences to learning. Knock Knock’s focus is on the development of the whole child with the goal of increasing early literacy skills (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) while expanding knowledge and raising interest in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math) subjects and careers, especially among children from under-served and under-represented populations. Knock Knock is specifically committed to taking action to combat race and gender bias and discrimination.
Knock Knock is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that encourages and values diversity in its staff, the board of trustees, supporters, volunteers, audience, collections, exhibitions, and programming.
Diversity/IDEA enhances the institution's engagement with an increasingly broad spectrum of participants and strengthens relationships within our community and beyond.
To Apply for the Position:
Please submit a resumé and cover letter to Susan Storey, Manager of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open until filled.
Knock Knock Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer