Part-time/Contract Grant Writer: Job Summary
We are looking for a contract Grant Writer to join our team and lead our efforts in securing funding to help our organization operate throughout the year. The responsibilities include researching grant opportunities, writing compelling grant proposals to acquire funding, and working with our leadership team to ensure we have enough capital each year. Ultimately, you will work with our Chief Development Officer to understand our financial needs and ensure we attain funding.
• Identify grant funding opportunities.
• Write, submit and manage grant proposals.
• Furnish prospective funders with supporting documents.
• Log all grant activity in our CRM and Grant Seeking Database. Requirements and skills
• Proven work experience as a Grant Writer or similar role.
• Proficient with measuring and reaching income goals.
• Great with MS Office Word and Excel. • Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources.
• Exceptional organizational and writing skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in creative writing or related field. Compensation and Benefits: LBF is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Email cover letter, resume and pay rates to Chief Development Officer Andrew M. Kerr Andrew@raisingthebar.org.
Direct all inquiries to:
Andrew M. Kerr, Chief Development Officer
Louisiana Bar Foundation 1
615 Poydras Street, Suite 1000
New Orleans, LA 70112