Director of Community Outreach Status:
Full-Time Salary Range: $45,000 - $60,000
Application on Deadline: May 31, 2023
Please email a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and two (2) graphic design/marketing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2023. SUMMARY
Louisiana CASA Associa on is seeking a Director of Community Outreach. Louisiana CASA is the member associa on for the 17 local CASA programs located in the state of Louisiana. The Director of Community Outreach positons Louisiana CASA to build local, statewide and national awareness of the CASA story, the need for volunteers and the needs of the children served by CASA. The Director of Community Outreach will work with the local CASA member programs to plan, implement, and evaluate strategies to enhance community awareness and volunteer recruitment. The Director of Community Outreach will approach all du es and ac vi es with a diversity lens to ensure efforts to recruit volunteers reflective of the demographics of the communities and children served.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES Community Outreach, Public Awareness and Marketing
• Develop, implement, and execute a statewide marketing plan to raise awareness about the work of the local CASA programs and the needs of the children served.
• Assists and supports the local CASA programs in community outreach efforts including a monthly toolkit and additional projects such as flyers, brochures, billboards, etc.
• Maintain and update all Louisiana CASA social media platforms and website.
• Create and disseminate a monthly e-newsletter to the general public.
• Develop and maintain relationships with media outlets to facilitate the broadest possible dissemination of marketing resources to raise awareness.
• Assist Louisiana CASA staff in creating materials for special projects/events such as webinars, trainings, conferences, etc.
• Develop and facilitate the implementation of volunteer recruitment strategies based on trends and evidence based best practices, coordinating with the local CASA program leadership on the development of a comprehensive recruitment plan.
• Assists and supports in the local CASA program planning and hos ng of recruitment events as needed.
• Respond to all volunteer inquiries through the Louisiana CASA website in a timely and appropriate manner
• Collaborate with the local programs to track recruitment efforts. State-wide Internal Communications
• Monitor and update the Louisiana CASA member portal and Facebook group to ensure accurate timely information.
• Create and disseminate a monthly e-newsletter to the Louisiana CASA Network
• Regularly check-in with local CASA programs to identify and assess needs within the Statewide network of CASA Programs Additional Support
• Perform other du es as assigned by the Executive Director
• Manage resources to support efficient operations of the office.
• Participate in relevant professional development opportunities.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCES
• Ability to work independently at an advanced skill level and intellectual capacity for researching, analyzing, and providing recommendations on complex topics
• Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to compose and submit advanced, professionally prepared reports, and press releases as well as social media posts
• While efforts are predominantly independent; must have demonstrated success working. and communicating effectively with team members in a collaborative environment
• Proven ability to establish and maintain productive and healthy relationships and partnerships with staff, partners, and stakeholders
• Evidence of ability to priori ze and manage multiple responsibilities, including independently communicating deadlines and follow-through completed by corresponding deadlines.
• Experience working with diverse communities.
• Bachelor’s degree required in marketing or related field. • At least two (2) years of related work experience.
• Advanced experience working with technology including, but not limited to, of web development so ware, graphic design so ware, and social media platforms.
• Demonstrate a commitment to a high level of professionalism, proficiency, and competence on behalf of the agency.
• Embrace and incorporate agency values in accordance with the attached Statement of Core Values.
• Work independently with minimal, daily supervision.
• Possess reliable transportation and meet insurance requirements for travel.
• Submit to a criminal background screening process.
• Occasionally work evenings and weekends.
• Paid time off and federal holidays off
• Health care plan
• Match Retirement Plan
Please email a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and two (2) graphic design/marketing samples to email@example.com by May 31, 2023.