Position Summary: The Program Manager (school-based sites and Volunteer Manager) oversees all aspects of assigned Kids’ Orchestra sites. In addition, this position will oversee the string instrument inventory, the snack/meal program for all Kids’ Orchestra sites, and volunteer initiatives. Additional duties may be assigned by supervisor based on candidates’ interests, skills, and qualifications.
Requirements: Minimum of bachelor’s degree in music, education, training, social work, human services, or a related field. Masters’ Degree preferred. At least 3 years of experience in education and positive youth development providing school based, after-school and/or summer related programming. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and cloud-based services such as Microsoft SharePoint and Google Drive. Experience with Jackrabbit Class a plus. Excellent communication and time management skills required. Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee logistics and serve as program manager to assigned sites (3-5 total)
- Supervise site staff and teaching artists at assigned sites
- Communicate with parents and school/district admin regarding concerts, calendars, behavior, etc.
- Maintain student records and lists via Jackrabbit Class
- Maintain and fulfill on-site supplies and teacher requests
- Manage distribution of snacks at assigned sites and complete all relevant paperwork
- Coordinate delivery of snacks with outside partners (School Systems, 3 O’clock Project, etc.)
- Communication with site staff and teaching artists
- Generate and distribute bi-weekly site paperwork (student rosters, attendance sheets, etc.)
- Ensure accurate attendance data collection for assigned sites
- Assist with securing substitute site staff/teaching artists
- Assist with collection of proof of income and tuition for assigned sites
- Assist with implementation of Second Step SEL curriculum
- Develop, manage, and evaluate volunteer initiatives via specified volunteer portals such as Taproot
- Oversee and implement volunteer requests and opportunities
- Coordinate volunteer efforts with community partners in coordination with marketing department
- Onboard volunteers in coordination with Operations Director and Education Director
- Track and report volunteer data to relevant team members
Other Program Duties
- Assist with student recruitment and retention
- Assist with distribution and collection of equipment
- Attend and work concerts, community events, fundraisers, school events, etc.
- Occasional evening and weekend commitments required
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of common work and storage spaces in office
- Serve on relevant committees such as Grant Committee, Summer Camp Committee, etc.
- Attend and actively participate in all rhythm meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Kids’ Orchestra System is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or qualified disability. Qualified applicants should apply through Kids’ Orchestra’s LinkedIn Page.