Employee Classification: Full Time, Exempt, Salary
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week, approximately 8:30 a.m.—4:30 p.m. (additional hours occasionally required for after-hours and weekend events, etc.)
Department: Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Knock Knock Children’s Museum is looking for an experienced marketing coordinator who will contribute to existing marketing programs, while assisting with the development of new initiatives aligned with Knock Knock’s mission and goals. The ideal candidate will have prior experience with a wide range of marketing functions, including communications, advertising, branding, digital marketing, social media, graphic design, marketing analytics, and event planning and execution. The marketing coordinator will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and must be an organized multitasker able to handle many diverse projects at once and meet tight deadlines.
Objectives of this Role
- Assist in the development and implementation of Knock Knock’s brand strategy and marketing
- Ensure all marketing efforts serve to achieve immediate and long-term business goals, identifying and executing improvements for processes, content, and message
- Expand general public awareness of Knock Knock’s offerings and programs with the goal of increasing admission, growing membership, donations, and community partnerships, using an array of communications platforms and strategies.
- Support the Marketing Manager and work with all departments to help develop and execute an annual marketing and communications plan.
- Provide day-to-day support for ongoing marketing and promotional needs as directed.
- Help develop and execute digital and social media strategy to drive attendance, membership, and mission objectives.
- Develop creative content including video segments across all digital platforms.
- Maintain overall marketing calendar.
- Maintain social media calendar.
- Create member emails and mass emails using email marketing software.
- Help develop, draft, and manage a monthly member newsletter.
- Help design and create museum collateral, signage, external program graphics, and videos under the direction of the Marketing Manager.
- Prepare marketing activity reports and metrics for measuring program success.
- Support all aspects of the Museum Membership Program including member retention, cultivation and growth of new member families, and ensuring the highest quality museum experience for all member families.
- Help maintain web site, as well as site optimization and reporting.
- Help ensure consistent branding and messaging throughout all external and internal communications.
- Support volunteer program.
- Help develop and maintain photography and video libraries.
- Help the Visitor Services team as needed, including staffing the desk occasionally.
- Help during special events as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or communications
Past work experience as a marketing coordinator or similar role
Past experience in event planning and execution
Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing
Experience with research using data analytics software
Experience in graphic design using Adobe creative suite or similar graphic design software
Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
Proficiency in full Microsoft Office suite, especially with Excel and PowerPoint
About Knock Knock Children’s Museum:
Knock Knock Children’s Museum is comprised of hands-on, interactive exhibits called “Learning Zones.”
Anchored in research and evidence-based practices addressing all areas of development, the “Learning Zones” are designed to create teachable moments that will connect children’s every-day experiences to learning. Knock Knock’s focus is on the development of the whole child with the goal of increasing early literacy skills (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) while expanding knowledge and raising interest in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math) subjects and careers, especially among children from under-served and under- represented populations. Knock Knock is specifically committed to taking action to combat race and gender bias and discrimination.
Knock Knock is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that encourages and values diversity in its staff, the board of trustees, supporters, volunteers, audience, collections, exhibitions, and programming.
Diversity/IDEA enhances the institution's engagement with an increasingly broad spectrum of participants and strengthens relationships within our community and beyond.
This position is open until filled.
Knock Knock Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested applicants may apply by following this link.